- Bolt resistant early favourite
- Ideal for early sowing with excellent bolt-resistance. Even shape with good colour, texture and flavour. Multigerm variety.
- A Best Buy variety as recommended by the Gardening Press and Consumer Groups.
- Beetroot: For the earliest crops sow bolt-resistant varieties under cloches from mid-March, otherwise from April.
- Recommended by Rachel de Thame in BBC Gardeners World Magazine (January 2015 edition): “A real favourite with gardeners. As the name suggests, it’s bolt-resistant so you can sow it from early in the season until late. Has a sweet flavour.” Also recommended by Charles Dowding, Matt Biggs, Jane Bingham, Rosie Yeoman, Terry Walton and Mike Thurlow
Sow & Grow: Outdoors: Sow thinly, March-July, where they are to crop, 2.5cm (1") deep, directly into finely-prepared, well-cultivated, fertile soil, which has already been watered. Allow 30cm (1') between rows. Seedlings usually appear in 7-21 days. Thin seedlings to 10cm (4") apart. Water well until plants are established. Regular sowings, made every three weeks, should ensure a continuous supply of young beets. Harvest: June-October.
Click & Collect
Please bring your order confirmation to the shop.
Monday to Saturday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. Sunday: 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Local Delivery (1-2 working days)
Postcodes L20, L21, L22, L23
£3.00. (Minimum order £25). Free delivery on orders over £50
Standard Delivery (1-2 working days)
We use a Next Day Tracked service but please allow up to 2 working days.
£6.50. Free delivery on orders over £100 'Excluding Paint'
£7.50. Scottish Lowlands (Postcodes DG, E, EH, FK, G, KA1-26, KA29-30, ML, PA1-19, TD)
For Paint orders, the minimum delivery charge will be £7.95, or £8.95 for the Scottish Lowlands. For quantities over 2, £3 will be added per paint item.
Some heavy, large and/or fragile items are available for Local Delivery or Click & Collect only.
UK Highlands, Islands & Remote Areas - Please email for a quote. (See delivery page for full list of postcodes).
Unfortunately we are unable to deliver to BF (British Forces) Postcodes and BT, JE & GY Postcodes
Write Your Own Review
Be the first to leave a review...Write a Review